Ah, I finally got my chuckle. At first I was fooled. I searched on podcast.com for "museum tour" thinking I'd get to see video and hear sound of some museum I could never visit. Of course the video was not there. Instead I got to listen to a man go on and on about his Pez collection without being able to see the dispensers.
But then I went with the flow, and clicked "Education" in the directory on the right hand side of the page. Selecting the Princeton Review Vocabulary Minute, I was so pleasantly surprised at what I downloaded! Later I saw you can also just click and listen to it instantly.
Try it and you'll see what I mean.
http://podcast.com/show/18413
They're vocabulary songs! What fun! I listened to "I cry each day." What a hoot!
To get the link, I clicked to see what "share podcast" and "show advanced options." Share podcast would let me email the link to someone. Under advanced options I could have subscribed to an RSS feed, but I chose "link this page" instead.
I think podcasting must be immensely useful for those in university who prefer to sleep in rather than attend lectures, and those who can't attend conferences but would like to profit from them. It's also a great egalitarian technology, because not much in the way of outlay is required to make it possible.
Hooray for the pods!
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment