Doing this from home just doesn’t work. I couldn’t edit my previous post to add information, so I started a new one, but couldn’t add anything to the body of the message.
Anyway, I finished playing with Library Thing, and added all the books that were on little scraps of paper in my dining room!
Of the books in my library:
The Time Traveler’s Wife was on the most members’ list – 11,703
The Spanish Game was on the least – 0
The Time Traveler’s Wife and Atonement had the most discussions going – 244 and 219
Good Germs, Bad Germs and The Spanish Game had the least – 0
The highest ratings went to The Time Traveler’s Wife at 4 ½ stars, and Atonement, Clan of the Cave Bear and Good Germs, Bad Germs tied at 4
The Time Traveler’s Wife seems so popular I might take the recommendation and move it up on my “to read” list.
I wasn’t too interested in the talk topics, but when I did a search under groups for “spy” and came up with some groups that talk about spy fiction, I might be interested in lurking there.
I did a tag mash for “spies, librarians” and did come up with a list from which I might look into The Haunted Bookshop by Christopher Morley.
I definitely will keep this account after the challenge, and will use it for reader’s advisory. I had a customer last night who was very picky, and I gave him a print reader’s advisory for fantasy. I couldn’t get NoveList to do what I wanted in the subject or also read categories, and he really wanted to read blurbs. Library Thing would at least provide me with information on how popular a title is, would let me do the subject thing with tags, and would let him have read reviews. Turns out he wanted post-apocalyptic fiction, but didn’t know how to put it in words.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment